FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for Parents and Guardians
1. Who is eligible to participate? The First Tee of Houston/F.M. Law Park is open to any child 7-18 years of age.
2. Do participants need their own golf clubs? No. We provide clubs, balls, tees and any other equipment they might need. However, participants may bring their own golf clubs if they prefer.
3. How much does it cost? Free. However, beginning January 1, 2011 an annual donation of $50 will be encouraged for membership. Please note that refunds are not given for donations.
4. What are the attendance requirements? Attendance requirements require each participant to attend all 6 weeks of class. We do understand that emergencies occur and you may not be able to attend. In the event this happens please give us a call so we may discuss your options. We do encourage participants to be present at each class. Participants must adhere to The First Tee Code of Conduct in order to receive credit for completing a class.
5. How do I register for classes? All Parents/Guardians must register for classes online. New parents/guardians must attend a New Member Orientation, typically the week before class. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be completed online. Classes are limited to the first 30 registered participants. A waiting list will be established once classes are full in the order which applications are received.
6. How long does it take to complete the program? Classes are conducted in 6 week sessions that meet once a week for 1.5 hours at a time. Members advance to different levels of The First Tee Program at their own pace. This progression depends on factors such as age as well as a memberís understanding and application of the required golf and life skills at each level. Please click here to view our Chapters Life Skills Progression model.
7. Can anyone use the facility? No. The facility is for The First Tee members only and their guest. We only allow one guest in addition to your parent/guardian during your visit. Please note that if you bring more than one guest a donation fee will be assessed accordingly. A round of golf for $7.00, range balls $7.00 per bucket, and $10.00 for unlimited use of the range. Also note that guest are the members responsibility.
8. How do you become a The First Tee of Houston/F.M. Law Park member? Anyone who completes a PLAYer class will earn membership.
9. Are there other The First Tee Chapters in the Houston area? Yes. There is one other chapter operated by the HGA: The First Tee of Greater Houston located in Humble, TX.
10. Who do I contact for additional information about The First Tee of Houston/F.M. Law Park? We are located at 8400 Mykawa Rd. Houston, TX 77048). 832-395-7300 or email email@example.com.
11. How does my child get the Parks and Recreations Junior Golf Pass? Please CLICK HERE for your answer.